What is Chromium Browser?
Chromium is an open-source browser for Google Chrome, and it’s free to download. In the Settings page, you can manage multiple user profiles, and you can also personalize the browser with different themes and wallpapers. You can also use the browser to find and download extensions and themes.
Challenges in Uninstalling Chromium
Although Chromium is a free browser, it is often bundled with other malware unless it is downloaded directly from its official site. As such, it can be difficult to completely remove Chromium after installation on one’s PC. The most common feedback is that Chromium won’t uninstall.
That’s why, we have come up with this step by step guide on how to uninstall Chromium.
Ways to Uninstall Chromium:
1) Uninstall Chromium Manually
- Use the Cortana search box beside the Start Button
- Type in “Add or Remove Programs”
- Launch Add or Remove Programs by clicking on the menu item
- Look through the Apps and features list to locate Chromium
- Click on Chromium > Uninstall.
- That’s all! The uninstallation is complete.
For some people this works. However, at times it does not fully remove all the files from the program. If this doesn’t work for you, or you find this too complexed for you, then you may want to try the following methods below.
This is the safest and most reliable option for uninstalling any programs on windows 7/8/10. It is:
- Faster and more reliable than Windows’ standard Add/Remove applet.
- Remove any stubborn programs that Windows Add/Remove Program cannot remove.
- Using a force-uninstall method, remove corrupted or partially installed/uninstalled applications.
- Clean up registry entries and installed drivers.
- Easy to use, with unique features that make it effective.
Our PC is one of our most used gadgets. When it does not function well, our work or fun is disrupted, bringing about much inconvenience. We hope the above information on how to uninstall Chromium has help you achieve what you wanted.
You can avoid all the inconvenience with a simple to use tool like the Special Uninstaller, which keeps our PC in tip top condition!